The Ingredients (for 5 servings):
- 10 to 12 chicken drumsticks, weighing approximately 1.3 kg (or 3 lb)
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, weighing approximately 30 g (or 1 oz)
- 3 g (or ½ teaspoon) of salt
- 2 lemons
- 110 ml (or ½ cup) of white wine
- 30 g (or 2 tablespoons) of unsalted butter
- 15 g (or 2 tablespoons) of salt-preserved capers
- 3 g (or 2 teaspoons) of tarragon
- 30 ml (or 2 tablespoons) of Dijon style mustard
- cooking grade olive oil
- Rinse the drumsticks and pat them dry.
- Peel, then crush or mash the garlic cloves with the salt until the mixture becomes slightly frothy or creamy.
- Extract the juice from one of the lemons.
- Slice the other lemon finely to yield about 12 slices. Discard the ends of the sliced lemon.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high and add enough olive oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in the skillet and brown them on both sides.
- Remove the drumsticks and set them aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the skillet, scraping and stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Add the butter, capers, tarragon, and mustard and continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the lemon slices and stir briefly.
- Add the reserved chicken drumsticks and stir to coat them with the sauce.
- Place a lid on the skillet and simmer the drumsticks on low heat for 15 minutes.